California Driving Instructor & Operator Continuing Education Certification
Well-attended Continuing Education Workshops for Instructors and Operators at California Driving Schools
To expedite the renewal process for your Instructor or Operator license, simply enroll in our three comprehensive online seminars. Following the completion of each course, you can either instantly print your completion certificate or email it to yourself for future printing. Armed with these three certificates, along with your renewal application, a visit to the DMV will exempt you from the renewal test. Our seminars are officially recognized by the California Department of Motor Vehicles, satisfying the prerequisites for both driving school operators and instructors. With the flexibility to progress at your own pace and the ability to log in and out at your convenience, our courses are designed to accommodate your schedule. To ensure course variety, we’ve implemented a security feature to prevent repetition, as each completion certificate is labeled with the corresponding seminar number (1, 2, or 3).
Enroll now for three simple online or audio read-along seminars that make it easy for you to:
- Bypass DMV Instructor & Operator license renewal testing
- Document your understanding of all instructor & driver regulations
- Demonstrate your knowledge of California’s “rules of the road”
- Increase your personal driving skills
- Improve your Driver Education Instructor performance
Here’s the breakdown:
- Sign up to receive a unique login username and password.
- Access all course materials securely online with complete privacy.
- No time constraints – review the content at your own convenience.
- Progress through seminar sections at your preferred pace without any deadline pressure.
- Feel free to revisit quizzes and testing as many times as you desire.
- Upon finishing each seminar, print out your completion certificate.
- Bring your three seminar completion certificates to the DMV for the next steps.
Quality Seminar Curriculum
Right driving attitudes and traffic regulations
• Stress, Anger, Emotions, and Fatigue
• Planning Ahead
• Avoiding Hazards
• Turn Signals
• Traffic Signals, Signs, Roadway Marking • Speed limit Regulations
• Stopping Distance
• Changing Lanes and Overtaking/Passing
• Understanding Defensive Driving
• Distracted Driving
• Smith System of Driving – (NDS Defensive Formula)
• SIPDE; Search, Identify, Predict, Decide and Execute
• Zone Control System
• Collision Avoidance
• Heavy Trucks and Recreational Vehicles
• School Buses
• Pedestrian Safety – As a pedestrian
• Pedestrian Safety – As a Driver
• Bicycle Safety
• Avoiding Collisions with Animals
• Sharing the Road with Motorcycles
The right driving instructor
• Legal Qualifications for Driving Instructors
• Necessary Traits
• First Aid
• Teaching Techniques to Instruct Student Driver
• How to Become a more Effective Driving Instructor
• Physiological and Psychological Capabilities of Drivers
• Effects of Drugs and Alcohol
Referring to the DMV Division Compliance memo dated 6/12/1982, continued professional education 401.5 in place of a renewal examination every three years is provided in section 1 1 1 0 5 (2) and 1105.1 (b)(2) of the vehicle code, and sample certificate for your approval. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, feel free to call me at (949) 975-8425. According to the Vehicle Code Section 1 1 1 0 5, Paragraph 2 of Subdivision B, states satisfactory completion of an examination once during each succeeding 3-year period after the initial issuance of a license certificate. Instead of an examination for renewal of the license, the Department of Motor Vehicles will accept evidence of Continuing Professional Education. Professional education used in this subdivision acceptable to the DMV. Department of Motor Vehicles regulations require RE-TESTING or the COMPLETION OF 18 HOURS CONTINUING EDUCATION EVERY THREE YEARS. The Continuing Education Seminars offered by NDS are held once every 6 months. Each Seminar is 6 hours toward the 18-hour requirement.
If you are an operator and an instructor and your license needs to be renewed at different times make sure you keep a copy of your certificates to hand in to the DMV. You can use the same email, username and password for all 3 seminars. Only one seminar can be completed per day. Our courses were written by professionals in the driving and traffic school industry.